Rugs are woven spreads used for covering the floor. Rugs can be called as smaller versions of carpets. They are usually placed in the centre of the seating area or near the fire place. They can help in decorating the room and bringing a dash or color to it. During winters one can sit on them without being cold and warm themselves near the fire place. Different combinations of rug in different areas of the room can add character and warmth to the room. They can be a great spot for sitting or lying down and just spending great quality time with your friends and family.
Amongst different types of rugs available today, the synthetic fibre rugs which include olefin or polypropylene, acrylic and polyester are used to make rugs. They are very cheap on price but get worn out easily and require a lot of cleaning. Wool rugs have fibres which help in increasing the wear and tear of the rug, but same is not applicable to the synthetic fibre rugs. They easily lose their shine and lustre. The back covers of these rugs usually are made of jute which retains smell and odour, which is the worst nightmare if you own a pet. Washing and cleaning can again damage these kind of rugs. It is always a good idea to buy good quality rugs which run longer and are easy to maintain.
Benefits of using rugs
The rugs can give many benefits to your home, these are
– Improves the overall décor and adds to the warmth of your home
– It helps in defining or separating two different areas, that is in the cases where the home has a large spaced common seating and dining area.
– Using a color scheme can accentuate the overall look of the home décor
– Using different patterns and colors can jazz up the look of otherwise boring room space
– These rugs can be of different shapes and sizes that improve the look of your space, for e.g.
oval or round shaped rugs look great when placed near fire places
Originally posted 2015-08-08 06:00:00.